Saturday 29 September 2012

Fresh Cherry Tint by Etude House

Hi everyone!

Remember few post back where I did a mini haul on Etude House? Click Here if you missed it.

I mention that I forgot the get the lip tints that I have been wanting to get.

And last night, while I was out for a dinner date with my friend, I got it!~



Fresh Cherry Tint by Etude House!~

Mega YAY!~

I haven't seen many reviews on it yet, but I really wanted to get them!~



So out of the 3 colours they had for this collection, I got 2 of them.

Cherry Peach and Cherry Pink

They had one more which was Cherry Hot Pink if I'm not wrong. I thought the colour was almost the same as the pink so I didn't get it.

Now that I've really tried it on, I think I might want to go back and get the last colour!~



So this is how the product look like.

Don't you just think they're so cute??!~

They had another collection of lip gloss, but this really attracted me so I got them instead~
Opps~~


It comes in a soft synthetic hair brush applicator(?).
I don't know if I called it wrongly, but this is what I've found online.


I was contemplating if I should swatch it on my hands, but it looked the same in the end, So I thought I might as well just apply it on my lips and show them to you~


Alright starting with my bare lips shot,

I have nothing on my lips except for a little lip balm, which I usually have on my lips.

The first colour I'm applying is the Cherry Pink,



Comparing with the photos above, where my lips has no colour to them,
This tint leaves a very natural hint of pink on it.
It is less noticeable in photos, because photos tends to wash colour out.
But in real life, it looks really beautiful, very natural.


After comparing it with the close up shot of the bare lips and this, you can tell the difference.

Next up, Let's look at the Cherry Peach,


This tint leaves a more coral colour.
Not orange. I would say it is more to the coral red side.
The colour is much more noticeable as compared to the pink
PS. The camera really washes out the colour on my lips. It looks so much more pigmented in real life

Here's the close up shot.
Comparing this with the bare lips, I believe you can see a greater difference in the colour.

My Thoughts,
My First Impression

I haven't wear any of these out yet, since I've only got them today and haven't been anywhere except running some errands.

So I can't really comment on the staying power of these tints.

Cherry Pink- I've never thought that pink colours would suit me.
Whenever I go out searching for lipsticks or blush, to be very honest, I'll not even look at the pink colours they are available there.
I always feel that I can never pull off with a pink colour lipstick or blush.
So many times I'd rather buy something more to the coral side.
But this tint totally changed my thoughts on it.
I thought it looks really natural and gives a younger and more refreshing feeling.
The pink is very subtle, it kindda leaves people thinking if you have anything on your lips.

On the whole, I really like this pink tint. I can see myself wearing this to school every single day!~

Cherry Peach - as mentioned earlier, I'm always getting coral colour lipsticks. So this colour didn't come to any surprise to me. Just that I thought it might be orange on my lips!~LOL
This tint appear redder than I thought it would. Which I really like. Nothing like the pink, which leaves a healthy glow on my lips with it's pink hint, this colour leaves me looking more elegant.
I might not want to wear it to school everyday, because the colour that is left of on the lips is quite pigmented.
You can tell that there is something on your lips.

But I can see myself really enjoying this product, especially when I'm out with my friends.

Is this tint buildable? Yes, These tint is very buildable. It can leave a very sheer tint on your lips initially which might make you feel like you've wasted your money, but spend a little more time to layer up the tint and add more coats on, the colour just becomes more and more pigmented.

Does this lip tint dry your lips? I've tried some lip tints that will dry my lips. I can't really tell if this will dry the lips or not since I've only been wearing this on for 2-3hrs. But until now, I haven't felt any drying on the lips.

Would I recommend it? Yes I totally would!~ I think this product is reasonably priced and it works great!~ Lip products usually have to grow on me on certain looks. I've never tried having lip product with just BB cream and thought it looks great.
I would say, this lip tint is for people who just want a little colour on their lips, to cover up their pale lips, and not something too strong/bright.

This retails for SGD$12.90 at our local Etude House Stores.

Have you tried this lip tint?
Do you like it?
Share you thoughts in the comment section below!~
I'd love the read them.
And as usual, If you have any recommendation of lip tint, Leave it down below too!~
And I'll love to try them out!~

Thanks for reading!~

xx, meiyi

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I've only tried a tester on this one but I'm still contemplating whether I should get it or not. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      Thanks for reading!(:

      If you are looking for something more subtle, this is definitely a great product to have around!(:

      You can get a pigmented colour with this, however you need some time to build the colour up.
      So when you're in a rush and want a pigmented lip colour, this might not be a practical choice.

      I've tried swatching the testers in stores too. The colours were really sheer, on my hands, when I wipe the excess off with the cotton pad, which made me really skeptical about getting them. However, the effect of this tint is different from on your hands and lips.
      I realise the colour swatched on the hands are much more sheer as compared to when you have it on your lips.

      I hope this comment is of some help!(:

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...