Tuesday 7 August 2012

Foundation I've Been Loving - MAC Studio Fix Fluid

Come to think of it, I haven't really been talking about makeup. So today's post shall be about one!

This is I guess one of the first few makeup that I bought. 




And it is the MAC Studio Fix Fluid. 
When I first get to know about this foundation, I haven't really heard about any reviews let alone raves about it. I got to know about this product from the sales person from the MAC. I initially wanted to try the Studio Sculpt foundation or something along that line that's why I went to MAC, but I was introduced to this instead.

I was told that instead of the Studio Sculpt foundation, the Studio Fix Fluid was more suitable for my skin type. Without thinking much at that moment, trusting the advice given by the sales person, I bought this foundation.

To show how ignorant I was about this foundation, when I first got it, I didn't even know how I should use it, because it came like this


It is just a cap bottle that opens up and you have to pour the foundation out.

Not knowing what to do, I decided to Google & YouTube to find for a solution. I'm not sure if I'm not looking hard enough or what but all I found was pouring it onto a card/disk/plate then applying it onto the face.
For a person like me, it will only make a mess and the whole area stain with the foundation. So I decided to give MAC a call to see if there is a solution..YES that was how ignorant I was then..HEHHEH!

The sales lady, being really nice, told me that I can purchase a pump to cap on the mouth of the foundation and it will be more hygienic and clean.


After getting the pump, my foundation became like this!(: exactly the same as the testers you see at the MAC counters!(:

To be honest, I'm really thankful I made that phone call. I'm almost done with this foundation but the entire bottle is still so clean! I can't even imagine what would happen if I didn't know I could get a pump for this.


By the way,...
For those who didn't know, I'm in NC30!


This is the brush I like using to apply my foundation on.
I've tried the normal foundation brushes that is flat if you know what I'm referring to, but I don't like the finish it gives. Feels too thick like I'm cake-ing the foundation on my face.


And the brush I like to using to apply my foundation is the F50 Duo Fibre Brush by Sigma.

It is a stippling brush. When I use this brush to apply my foundation, the foundation don't apply as thick as the normal foundation brush. This stippling brush gives a air-brush finish, making my face looks flawless and does not look like I've applied a lot of makeup on my skin. To a certain point it actually looks like my own skin, just a more flawless version!(:


This is how the foundation look like when I pump some out.

I then blend it with my fingers.


And it blends into my skin.

This foundation is good for skin with scars. It can cover your scars well!
It is a medium coverage foundation, but you can build the foundation. If you feel that there is some area of your face that needs more coverage, just add a little more to that area and blend it out.
Sometimes I'll skip my concealer and use this foundation to cover my dark circles and scars that need more coverage.

PS. If you noticed, With such small amount of foundation, the veins on my wrist are not as obvious as before.

I would say this foundation is pretty long wearing on me. I've ever had this foundation on my face for more than 16 hours. And when I was going to remove the makeup, I took a closer look at it, and it looks fine. Other than my T-zone seems oily, the rest of my face still looks alright.
The makeup did not smudge or wear off. It has a pretty good staying power.

I was told that it would last for 8 hours. I guess the 8 hours duration refers to people with very oily skin since it stays on my face until I remove it.

This foundation dries matte, so you might have to use a highlighter to get a natural / healthy glow effect on your skin.

It also state on the packaging that it has SPF10, if I didn't see wrongly. But I will apply Sunscreen / Sunblock before applying this foundation. It is because I feel that I needed a higher SPF for my face.
But if you're alright with a lower SPF, then you can skip on the sunscreen and go directly for the foundation.

I really like this foundation, I've use this foundation for more than 2 years and I'm still using it.
I have been trying foundations of other brands now, but I still really like this.

If you haven't tried this foundation and is looking for one, you might want to try this out!

What kind of foundation do you like using? Leave me a comment or tweet me so I can try them out too!(:

So~~ till next post~~ BYE~

xx, meiyi

1 comment:

  1. Came across this image because like you I was searching for "how to use liquid studio fix foundation". And honestly it feels stupid that all the while I thought there's pump right after the cap but there's none. I can really relate, I googled it. Lucky me, I found your blog after 1 whole day. I was about to go visit the shop I bought it from but it's too far from home. Thank goodness I know that I must buy it. I thought I just didnt know how to open the bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...